E-books are good news for authors as, for the first time, you can get a reasonable level of royalty per book sold, which is difficult through print distribution.
- It’s a very fast and efficient way of getting your book in front of literally millions of readers all round the world.
- There are no setup fees to start selling a book on Kindle.
- There is no printed item therefore, no print cost.
- There is no delivery cost – Amazon will deliver the book to the customer for you.
- As long as you’re willing to charge at least $2.99 for each book sold, you will receive a royalty of 70% from Amazon.
A ready-made worldwide audience
- Amazon has millions of customers all searching on their website for books.
- You are not restricted geographically to selling your books – the world is your oyster.
- You can publish in multiple languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Japanese.
Publishing made easy
Publishing your book on Amazon is quick and easy, and your book will appear within 24 hours. You can make changes to your book and republish it on Kindle at any time and at no cost! The new version will be available very quickly. For example, you might want to change your contact details or update a particular section of a non-fiction book that has become out of date. You can promote additional books in your Kindle book with links – when someone gets to the end of a book, if they have enjoyed it, they will be very open to finding out about other books you have written. Particularly with fiction, once a reader is hooked on an author they are likely to want to read more.